In some cases, doctors may recommend microphlebectomy for treatment for varicose veins. This procedure is a minimally invasive one that allows the remove of the larger, more superficial varicose veins. This is done by making very small incisions. These incisions are small enough that they do not require any type of stitches. Most are under six mm in length. This type of procedure is also often done in a doctor’s office rather than in a hospital setting. This makes it more readily available to individuals who want a fast and effective solution.
What Can You Expect from Microphlebectomy Treatment for Varicose Veins?
When you come in to see the doctor, he or she will conduct a physical and take your medical history. Then, an ultrasound is performed. This will provide information about where the veins are located and, depending on the size and location, whether microphlebectomy treatment for varicose veins is available to you. If you have had previous treatments for this condition, that may play a role in whether or not this procedure will work for you as well. After gathering this information, the doctor will then make a decision about whether this treatment is a good option for you.
Why Should You Consider Microphlebectomy Treatment for Varicose Veins?
There are many benefits to having this procedure, but it is up to your doctor to determine if you qualify for it. Some of the benefits include:
• No IV use and no hospital stay is required. There is no use of general anesthesia and, as a result, there is no long recovery time.
• The procedure is minimally invasive, which reduces the amount of risk present. There is minimal blood loss and little chance of infection.
• There is little to no scarring involved.
• You will be given a local anesthetic. You will not feel pain from the procedure.
• You can go back to work the next day in most cases, meaning you do not have to miss a lot of work for this procedure.
Before you decide if microphlebectomy treatment for varicose veins is right for you, you will need to take into consideration what this treatment can offer to you. It is one of the easier methods for getting rid of those unsightly veins that you hate. However, it does not require any long hospital stay or any major surgery. This option tends to be ideal for those who have large, easy to access veins that are not supplying a great deal of blood flow.